Here’s a little of what he had to say:
Q: What’s your motto?
A: Pray about everything, and worry about nothing
Q: Any advice you’d like to share with graduates?
A: Trust, believe, and receive. If more of our colleagues were to humble ourselves, we could generate a bond with the rest of our community and actually identify some of their needs and provide… it’s all upon the individual to receive.
Be sure to check out our upcoming August Graduate Newsletter to see the amazing things Mr. Anderson has been doing these days!
Stay tuned for the one coming up next month!
Here’s a glimpse of the Facilitator Training we had yesterday.
Check out our Facebook Page to see the rest of the pictures!
Then Getting Ahead in a Just Getting’ by World is the class for you!
What is Getting Ahead?
- A 50-hour class (usually 16 weeks long) consisting of 8-15 individuals learning about economic class & how it impacts peoples’ lives every day.
- Led by two experienced facilitators. Food & fellowship is part of the process, too.
Unleash the potential within you with Getting Ahead!
Over 700 Getting Ahead graduateshave put their plans in action. How?
- Earned their GED
- Started college
- Graduated college
- Found a job or got a better job
- Started their own business
- Volunteered in their community
- Helped clean up their neighborhood
- Lost weight
- Created a support network
- Improved their credit score
- Developed plans to reduce debt
- Taken a leadership class
- Encouraged their family and friends to take this class
Sign up today! Seats are limited!
Next class starts July 23rd & ends November 5th. Graduation is November 12th!
Meetings are Wednesdays from 5:30pm to 8:30pm @ St. Vincent de Paul (downstairs).
For information or to register, call Bridges Out of Poverty at (574) 246‐0533
If you weren’t able to join us then, here’s a picture of Sister Blanca May speaking at the Getting Ahead graduation that took place March 5th in Vandalia, Michigan. SJC Bridges Executive Director Bonnie was the keynote speaker at the event.
This upcoming Thursday, June 12th, there will be a Town Hall Meeting from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm at Ivy Tech Community College, Room 1121/1122 (220 Dean Johnson Boulevard)
This has been made possible by SEIU Healthcare, North Central Indiana AFL-CIO, Jobs with Justice and Let’s Move Michiana.
See you there!